And so it goes - 2019

I wanted to write this on FB but decided it would be long for a FB post, so here it is instead, for once in english:

At first I figured I didn't really do much this year. Mainly I just grew further. Then I started thinking...
  • I graduated from university with a Master's
  • I got a job, got an extension to that job contract and then another one
  • I got a loan and bought my own apartment
  • I moved to Malmi
  • I reached the end of a long relationship and mourned
Those are all big things. On the tops of those things, I also:
  • Larped: Witness, Odysseus, CoW, Green Knights and Witcher School. First time ever properly in Finnish, too!
  • Travelled: Spent three weeks in paradise on Mauritius with Ville. Trip of my life,
  • Stayed in therapy and picked myself apart more than I would have preferred to. Would do it again.
  • Met someone amazing who changed my life in many ways.
And many smaller things on top of that. Met new friends, metamours, larpers, colleagues. Sang in several choirs. Interpreted more or less professionally. Came out to my mother as poly and bi. Went on dates with lovely people. Helped another human become a parent. Made exciting, new life plans.

...Wanted to write something grand to end this with, but I can't really even come up with a good enough cliché. Change happens. As in "shit happens". But not all change is shit. I'll leave you with that. Happy New Year!

Kommentarer